It’s a great website. One beta glitch.

Home Forums Feedback & Suggestions It’s a great website. One beta glitch.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Firstly congratulations for the important work you’re doing. God bless you. One glitch I encountered was that the ‘About us’ field won’t upload. I’ve tried it several times on my iMac and iPhone but it doesn’t save.

• Anonymous
      Inactive
      1. Also the last question on the host form is actually a refugee question so makes no sense
      2. And I notice when you say you can take a pet does it must assume you only want to consider a refugee with pets because my matches suddenly went down to zero?
      3. Last one, as you’re still testing and looking for feedback, when you have a few thousand members, is there a smart way to remove people who are successfully matched, to stop the database clogging up with false leads?
    • Harley
      Keymaster

Hi Alison!

Thank you SO much for taking the time to let us know about these things. I’m looking into them now and will post an update shortly!

Harley

• Harley
      Keymaster

Quick follow up :

The About Us editing on phones. Are you sure you are filling in all the required fields? I’ve also made another small change so perhaps could you try again and let me know? (You’ll still need to fill out all required fields though, and perhaps the notification of that needs some work, it’s okay for me but there could be an issue here)

1 – What was this form field, because the last question on the reg form is location for me?

2 – Yes you are right, however I have not made it clear enough. One of the big challenges when I pulled all this together (in 5-6 days only!) was that some fields, like Pets need sharing between sponsors and refugees so they can be searched/matched. But then how to mark those fields so it’s clear what it actually means for both is tricky. I’ve been working on a system to show different explanations/labels for the fields depending on user type, but I see I have more work to do. I can see what you mean and am fixing now.

3 – Yes, hopefully! Although to be honest I wasn’t ever sure it would be needed, and I am touched and humbled that it could ever get to that stage 🙂 All members have a Profile Privacy tab in their setting where they can remove themselves from the listings if/when they have a match but want to leave the possibility of coming back (if the placement falls through, they need to move etc) or even delete their whole account and all data. So full control. But, it’s not that obvious and I fully plan to make this clearer so people who are matched a) don’t clog things up for those still looking and b) waste other members time messsaging them and get annoyed with constant notifications etc.

Thanks SO much for this – feedback is just vital at this stage especially considering the short time scales it had to all be put in place

Harley

• seejays
      Participant

It would be useful if those seeking accommodation could provide approximate locations – although I don’t know if many Ukranians know of Wales but there are over 10,000 in Wales who have registered to offer accommodation.  It would be easy to select potential applicants if they were to put Wales in their ‘location’ preference/similar and if this could be a search field then?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Join Homes For Ukraine

Register as a member to create a profile as a host/sponsor or as a Ukrainian in need of somewhere to stay.

Register Now

Proudly built and hosted by Echo Internet
With special thanks to Rowl & Co for the branding